1. If you have any drainage problems or concerns call the Department of the Environment at 3-1-1 or make an online request with the County Click 311 mobile app.
2. Reduce flood risk by going to http://www.floodsmart.gov the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
3. Register for flood alerts through the Prince Georges County Office of Homeland Security’s (OHS) known as Alert Prince George’s at http://alert.mypgc.us.
4. Tracking of potential storms and flood events by using the County’s automated Flood Warning System (FWS). You can also watch though PG County’s interactive map found at http://waterweather.gov.
5. Most importantly purchase flood insurance to cover loss and damage associated with flooding. Home insurance does not usually cover flooding so it is important to know what is covered.